The UC Merced Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) offers quality early care and education services for the young children of UC Merced students, faculty, staff and the Merced community. Infant, toddler and preschool classrooms offer individualized care for each child, while supporting skills and knowledge to prepare them to be engaged life-long learners.
Your gift to the ECEC provides necessary resources for materials, learning experiences and equipment for the children, as well as helping to keep tuition rates affordable for families. Contributing to the ECEC also supports the center in providing a place for early educators throughout Merced and neighboring areas to participate in professional growth trainings. Your support provides for items beyond salaries and daily operations.
Some of the materials, learning experiences and equipment purchased with your gift include:
• Art materials, books and other consumable materials
• Supplies for classroom pets, gardens and cooking projects
• Materials that encourage children’s interests, such as balls, insects, flowers, fossils,
and props for imagination games
• Field trips to parks, zoo and other local places of interest
• More costly items, such as a water source for the sand play areas, digital cameras for
documentation, outdoor play houses or indoor lofts
Your gift would also support:
• Consultant-led professional development workshops and ongoing learning
opportunities for teachers and parents from both UC Merced and the community at
• Training supplies, take-home materials and refreshments for trainings and workshops
If you are interested in providing on-going support, the ECEC is looking for funds to lower the tuition rates of low-income families. These scholarship funds can be specified for UC Merced (undergraduate, graduate, staff) families or open to the general low-income family population.
If you have questions or would like to target your donation for a specific purpose, please contact Stephanie Vasilovich, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (599) 241-6595 or Danielle Waite, ECEC Director, email@example.com.
Thank you for your generosity and support of the Bobcat Kittens! Every gift makes a difference.